Bring the pain. Bring the fun.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

2006 Time Capsule


























On my birthday this year (the 35th one I've celebrated) I asked my friends, co-workers and family members not to give me more crap from ENJOY but instead make a prediction of what they thought I'd (and they'd) be doing in 35 years when we were--yikes--70.

My intention was to bury it in a time capsule just like I did my Luke Skywalker action figure nearly 30 years ago.

But I started thinking... where could I bury a time capsule that I could be certain could be found again? I've had 11 different residences in as many years. So who I am to think I'm going to be in the same state, let alone city, in the next 35 years!

I decided instead to create this as a virtual time capsule on the internet. I will register the domain for the next 35 years and then go from there.

Didn't get to give a prediction on what we'll be doing in 35 years? Not a problem. Add it as a "comment" to this post.

Here's to 2041--let's hope we all make it.

Stephanie "Steady" Edwards

Chicago, Illinois
August 19, 2006

No comments: